NewWave leverages cutting technologies to develop solutions for our federal and commercial clients. We provide custom solutions to strengthen business processes and enhance existing technologies.
NewWave offers a valuable and unique capability through the NewWave Innovation Lab. This FISMA compliant lab will be available to CMS as a no-cost, value-add to develop prototypes and demonstrations of new products and solution approaches as approved by CMS.
The NewWave Innovation Lab was developed to replicate CMS’ technical environment, pre-configured with demonstration versions of the leading IT and BI products. Deployed and integrated products include a mix of innovative solutions, as well as products currently in the CMS TRA. Examples include:
- Big Data Analytics technologies – Hadoop, Hbase, Mahout
- NoSQL technologies – Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB
- OpenSource technologies – Spring Integration/Batch, Liferay, Alfresco, Drupal, MySQL, SugarCRM, Postgres, Jasper Report, Talend, ActiveMQ, Mule
- Commercial technologies – WebSphere, MQ, WebLogic, Oracle, SharePoint, MicroStrategy, Business Objects
Our current technology partners coupled with our extensive high-level strategic vendor partnerships and specialized product labs, provide CMS with tremendous industry access and demonstration capabilities to support CMS informed decision making regarding innovation investments and ROI.
NewWave has set up a reference implementation of Hadoop based on CMS reference architecture. This architecture is unbiased towards Hadoop distributions, and we have invested the time and the effort to ensure it is based on open standards. The architecture addresses the challenge faced by most organizations implementing Hadoop and other related technologies in a multi-technology environment. Unlike traditional ETL process, the reference architecture:
- Provides support for any type of data (structured/unstructured).
- Provides support for any type of datasource
- Enables real-time capture of source data
- Scales linearly on commodity hardware
- Can be used as a massively parallel storage and compute device
- Can be used as a staging area for Data warehouse
This architecture integrates with CMS reference technologies such as Informatica (Big Data edition), Teradata, RDBMS (Oracle, DB2), and interoperability with most of the business intelligence technologies. Our lab has also provided us with a platform for learning best practices in operating a “big data” environment. This includes technologies such as: Apache Ambari, Falcon, and Storm.